The main responsibilities:
- Cargo transportation to and from specified locations as directed by company dispatchers.
- Planning travel routes strategically to ensure that all deliveries are completed on time.
- Examining dispatchers’ instructions prior to deliveries to avoid errors or miscommunications.
- Before and after each delivery, inspect the designated truck to ensure that it is mechanically sound. Informing management as soon as possible of any mechanical issues that render the designated truck unroadworthy.
- Keeping a logbook that accurately records the number of hours worked, rest periods, and mileage traveled.
- Providing cargo documents to customers and obtaining their signatures to confirm receipt of the correct cargo.
- Any damaged cargo must be reported to dispatch.
- In charge of ensuring the safe loading and unloading of cargo.